Chiamaka Obuekwe, a renowned tourism expert and tour operator based in Lagos,
Nigeria, is the Founder and CEO of Social Prefect Tours.
Social Prefect Tours is a highly respected and acclaimed tour operating company in
Nigeria, recognized for its exceptional services and achievements. They specialize in
organizing distinctive travel experiences; group tours, corporate retreats, team
bonding activities, and holiday packages. Additionally, they provide tour guide
services within Africa, with a special focus on Nigeria, aiming to showcase the
region’s captivating beauty. With a deep commitment to African tourism and fostering
meaningful connections, Social Prefect Tours has been curating unforgettable
experiences since 2015, catering to a delighted clientele of more than 8,000
enthusiastic individuals. As trailblazers in millennial group tourism within Nigeria, the
company has established itself as a frontrunner in the industry.
Chiamaka is a graduate of International Relations from Covenant University Ota
Nigeria. She has been featured on several local and International media like CNN.
She has received several prestigious awards for her work in promoting tourism within
Africa. As a thought leader in the tourism field, she has spoken on several platforms
like TEDxUI, Nigerian Association of Tour Operators AGM summit, Akwaaba travel
market and more. Chiamaka Obuekwe has served as a Public relations officer of the
Nigerian Association of Tour Operators.
She is an exceptional travel enthusiast, deeply committed to revolutionizing the
tourism landscape in Nigeria and Africa. Through her extensive exploration of
numerous states within the country and over 12 countries in Africa, she has unveiled
breathtaking tourist gems and wholeheartedly shared them with the world. Her
impactful contributions extend beyond exploration, as she has collaborated with
several tourism boards, airlines and governments to promote tourism in their states
and countries like Bauchi state, Rwanda, South Africa and Mozambique.
Awards received –
– “ELOY” award for woman who inspires in tourism 2017
– “Her Network” Woman of the Year awards in the Hospitality category in 2017
– Africa’s top 100 women in tourism in 2017 by Africa Travel quarterly
– Top 100 Tour operators in Africa in 2018 by Akwaaba Travel market
– Social Prefect tours won Best Tour Operator at the Pyne Hospitality awards
– Top 30 Tourism and Hospitality Influencer 2020 by Pyne Hospitality awards
– Top 30 Women in Tourism Nigeria 2022 by Pyne Hospitality awards
– 2018 and 2023 recipient of Nigeria’s 100 most inspiring women by Leading